SAVE THE DATE – 31ST JULY & 1ST AUGUST 2013
for a two day mHealth seminar :
- Johannesburg on the 31st July and 1st August 2013 at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Rosebank
- * mHealth – Where does it fit into the National eHealth strategy and what does it mean?
- * mHealth – Supporting Health System Strengthening
- * Mother Neonatal and Child Health – can mHealth be a game changer in this field?
- * mHealth – Innovative technology and Public, Private, Partnerships
- * mHealth evidence based research and best practice models – what will inform the future ?
HIVSA is a South African non-profit organisation that was established in March of 2002. It offers comprehensive, therapeutic care to those individuals infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS, as well as their families (especially those living in impoverished circumstances).
Our vision is to reduce the impact on South Africa of HIV/AIDS and other health-related issues, in collaboration with the community and other key stakeholders.
Our mission is to develop and implement innovative and multi-disciplinary programmes that directly contribute to the increased well-being, upliftment and education of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Our Focus Areas
HIVSA has evolved into a dynamic organisation that focuses on the development and implementation of community health projects, including the provision of education and training to the Department of Health and Social Development, Gauteng. In addition we continue to provide support to our local NGOs and other partnering organisations.
- Community Health Projects – We provide support to the most vulnerable in our communities, targeting youth and adolescents, pregnant women and their partners, and the infirm.
- Education and Training – HIVSA is an accredited training provider with the Health and Welfare Seta. We provide a variety of courses, accredited and non-accredited, that are aimed at health workers. In addition, HIVSA provides a Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) course to counsellors working in the field of HIV and AIDS.